This Manuka Honey Glazed Salmon recipe combines the rich flavours of salmon with the natural unique sweetness of Manuka honey. Recommend using Manuka Honey Blend or multifloras Manuka Honey, its more cost effective with mild taste. The honey glaze adds a delightful caramelised finish to the salmon, making it a delicious and healthy dish that's perfect for any occasion.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 4
Nutritional Facts (per serving):
KOURA MANUKA HONEY GLAZED SALMON FILLET
- 1 big piece salmon fillet about 650g - 700g or 4 smaller fillets approx 170g each
- 4 tablespoons of Koura Manuka honey Blend ( MGO 55+)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish, add more to your liking
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the Manuka honey, soy sauce, grated ginger, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until well combined.
3. Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each fillet generously with the Manuka honey glaze, making sure to coat all sides.
4. Place the salmon in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets.
5. While the salmon is baking, you can brush the fillets with additional glaze halfway through cooking to enhance the flavour and caramelisation.
6. Once cooked, remove the salmon from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
Serve the Manuka Honey Glazed Salmon hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley for a vibrant touch, add salt and pepper according to your liking.
For the best results, choose fresh and high-quality salmon fillets.
Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of your salmon fillets. Thicker fillets may require a slightly longer cooking time. If you prefer raw/rare meat, and does not have any health condition nor pregnant, why not try to slightly undercook the salmon, the medium rare texture taste brilliant with the honey glaze, option; add small amount of wasabi mixed with soy sauce for extra topping.
If you prefer a stronger ginger flavour, you can add a bit more grated ginger to the glaze.
Feel free to adjust the amount of Manuka honey based on your desired level of sweetness.
Serve the salmon with a side of steamed vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete and nutritious meal.
Enjoy your Honeylicious & Healthy Meal made with Koura Honey!